- This degree offers a broad-based program, with fewer major hours and more Liberal Arts elective hours.
- Performance Concentration
Music Performance provides a solid foundation for a career in the art of music. The program of study focuses on a core of substantial training and experience in the chosen performance medium.
- Music Merchandising Concentration
Music Merchandising prepares student musicians for careers in publishing, recording, sales, management, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and the many other fields that make up the music business.
- Theory/Composition Concentration
Prepares student musicians for advanced study leading to careers in music theory, composition or other allied areas of music.
- Jazz & Commercial Music Concentration
This concentration provides a musical environment that helps prepare students for a performing career in today’s diverse world of professional music. It builds knowledge of composition, arranging, improvisation, technology, history and business.
- Music History and Literature Concentration
Courses in historical musical topics, with emphasis on bibliography and research techniques, provide a foundation for graduate study leading to careers in musicology, musical criticism, and music librarianship.
- Bachelor of Science in Education – Music Education
This program prepares students for exciting careers as music educators in public, private or parochial schools in pre-K through grade 12.
View the "Four-Year Plans" below, which are also available from your advisor and the Music Office (101NAB):
- B.S. in EDUCATION, Specialization in MUSIC EDUCATION [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC, CONCENTRATION in JAZZ & COMMERCIAL MUSIC [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC, CONCENTRATION in MUSIC HISTORY/LITERATURE [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC, CONCENTRATION in MUSIC MERCHANDISING [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC THEORY/COMPOSITION: EMPHASIS, COMPOSITION [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC, CONCENTRATION in PERFORMANCE [PDF]
- B.S. in MUSIC THEORY/COMPOSITION: EMPHASIS, THEORY [PDF]
These graduate programs and courses are offered by the Long Island, New York campus of Hofstra University.
- Certificate in Music Education
- Intensive Non-Degree Program In Music Education
- Master of Arts in Education (Wind Conducting)
- Master of Arts in Education (Music Education)
- Master of Science in Education (Music Education)