- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in psychology, business or a related field, with a grade point average of B or better.
- The program is structured to accommodate both full- time and part time- students. It welcomes students from a diverse academic background, including recent graduates and those who are working and want advancement in their careers. Hofstra University is recognized for its commitment to extending equal opportunity to all qualified individuals. The University also recognizes that minorities are underrepresented in the field of industrial/organizational psychology and is therefore especially interested in recruiting such students.
- It is required that all students have completed courses in introductory psychology and elementary statistics with a grade of B or better.
- GRE Verbal, Quantitative, and Writing scores must be provided from an examination within the previous five years of the date of the application. For non-native speakers of English, a TOEFL may be required unless waived by Graduate Admissions and/or the program director, after having received evidence of English-language proficiency.
- Applicants must submit a statement of professional goals.
- All prospective candidates will be personally interviewed.
- Transcript address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
105 Memorial Hall
Hempstead, NY 11549
- GRE code: 2295
- Recommendation Letter info:
While recommendations letters will be reviewed, they are not required.
- Guidelines for personal statement:
Please write 1.5-2 pages about your professional and academic goals.
- Applications are taken on a rolling admissions basis until all program spots are filled. We start reviewing applications in January. We only accept applicants for the Fall semester.