Program Requirements - Degree
- Completion of a program of 96 credits, with a cumulative grade point average of B or better. Advanced students are given transfer credit, based on an individual analysis of their prior graduate academic record, as shown on official transcripts.
- Successful completion of a qualifying examination, which must be taken and passed following the first year in the program. This examination is given in May of each year. Students who fail the qualifying examination twice are dropped from the program.
- Students must maintain a B average each semester, receive no more than one C per semester, and no more than three Cs in total toward the Psy.D., or the student may be dropped from the program. All instances involving program termination can be appealed. The appeals process is detailed in the Psy.D. Student Manual. Candidates receiving a D in a course will be placed on probation and a remedial plan will be developed. A grade of F in any course in the program is grounds for termination.
- Satisfactory evaluation of performance at all practicum and internship sites, with no documented reports of unethical or unprofessional conduct.
- Successful completion of an approved doctoral dissertation.
- Satisfactory performance at an oral defense of the doctoral dissertation.