Welcome to the School of Health Professions and Human Services
Hofstra University's School of Health Professions and Human Services is fast becoming a national leader in preparing students to meet the growing demand for healthcare professionals. You will learn about promoting health and wellness across the lifespan and gain an understanding of the diverse communities you’ll encounter in your work. Our graduates go on to rewarding careers in schools, clinics, government and community agencies, hospitals and other health care facilities – not only as experts in the science of their discipline, but also as compassionate advocates who make a difference in the lives of others.
Students have access to a rich variety of resources including:
- Programs in athletic training, exercise science, occupational therapy, sports science, community health, health science, health administration, public health, health informatics, counseling and mental health professions, and speech-language pathology and audiology.
- A distinguished faculty who are award-winning, well-published practitioners and scholars actively involved in research.
- Independent study projects, clinical and laboratory research with faculty mentors, study abroad programs, as well as internships and networking opportunities with more than 300 off-campus healthcare and educational facilities on Long Island and in nearby New York City.
- Partnerships and work experiences with Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine, as well as the campus Saltzman Community Services Center including the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic and Counseling and Mental Health clinics.
- Thriving student organizations and activities such as the Hofstra Health and Wellness Club and a campus chapter of the National Speech Language Hearing Association, which focus on community service, volunteer opportunities and fundraising.