SUCCESS POST GRADUATION
The field of health administration is certainly a booming one. Approximately 25% of all new jobs created between now and 2020 will be in the health care industry and O*Net lists many health related professions on their bright outlook list, an indication of expected potential for growth.
Hofstra’s M.H.A. prepares students to advance their careers by emphasizing competencies and values development in the following areas:
- Administrative skills and practices.
- Applied administrative skills to health services organizations and settings.
- Inquiry into health and disease issues.
- Health services research, epidemiology, and analysis skills.
- Health policy formation and analysis.
- Strategic health planning and innovation.
- Comparative health systems analysis.
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Ethical behavior.
- Career development and entrepreneurship.
Graduates obtain sought after positions in a variety of settings such as:
- Ambulatory care facilities
- Medical group practices
- Long-term and home health care facilities
- Managed care organizations and health insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Consulting firms
- Government agencies
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations