Master of Fine Arts
in Documentary Studies and Production
Prospective students must complete and return an application to the Dean of Graduate Admissions, 126 Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549. The application process includes:
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate overall GPA of at least 2.75
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's potential to succeed in a graduate program
- A portfolio of applicant's work (visual, aural or written)
- An interview with the program director
The department understands that any single criterion may not reliably predict a student's potential for success in the program. Students may consider applying even if they fail to meet one of the criteria but feel that other aspects of their experience might compensate.