Application for admission to the Master of Arts in Technology for Learning program is made to the Graduate Admissions Office. Admission is based on a comprehensive review of multiple criteria, including the following:
- B.A. or B.S. degree, with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Students with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher may be accepted into the program on a probationary status if relevant considerations warrant such an exception.
- A recent writing sample.
- Statement of purpose for pursuing educational technology studies.
- Interview with a faculty member in the educational technology program.
- Valid New York state initial certification in one of the following certification areas:
- Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2)
- Childhood (Grades 1-6)
- English (Grades 7-12)
- French (Grades 7-12)
- German (Grades 7-12)
- Russian (Grades 7-12)
- Spanish (Grades 7-12)
- Biology (Grades 7-12)
- Chemistry (Grades 7-12)
- Earth Science (Grades 7-12)
- Physics (Grades 7-12)
- Mathematics (Grades 7-12)
- Social Studies (Grades 7-12)
- Visual Arts
For more information about the application process, please see the Frequently Asked Questions.