Designing Mobile Apps/ Games for Smartphones and Tablets
A Summer 2014 Workshop
July 7-11, 2014
Are you interested in learning how to program mobile apps/games?
Then Hofstra University has a great summer workshop for you For five days, we will introduce and develop mobile app/game design concepts using Google's App Inventor. This popular area of computer programming can be shared immediately with friends and family.
- Create apps with no prior experience with computer programming.
- No Android phone is required: a phone emulator is provided.
- Benefit from a multimedia-based learning environment.
- Sharpen problem-solving skills.
Participants must be current College and middle/high school students or teachers who are:
- Interested in learning how to program Android applications.
- Willing to work in teams.
- Eager to ask questions, share ideas, and help others during the workshop.
What You Will Learn
During our five-day workshop, you will learn how easy it is to create mobile applications utilizing Google's App Inventor.
- Day 1: What Is App Inventor?
- Day 2: Can I Really Create a Program Without Writing One Line of Code?
- Day 3: Creating Mobile Applications
- Day 4: Creating the Environment
- Day 5: Show Your Stuff!
People love their smartphones and tablets. With App Inventor, you can customize and
build new software for these devices, including apps that directly improve your everyday life (and the lives of your friends).
With a visual “building block” method of programming designed by Google engineers, you have a tool that can change not only how apps are developed, but who develops them.
No programming experience is required.
We will teach you everything you need to know – from installing App Inventor to publishing your first app to your smartphone
Workshop Fee: $550
Registration deadline: April 30, 2014.
If you have any questions regarding this workshop or the application process, please contact:
Dr. Hak J. Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-463-4529
Associate Professor and Director of Computer Lab
Department of IT/QM
Zarb School of Business
134 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-1340