Hofstra University

Financing Your Education

Additional Sources of Aid

Office of Vocational Rehabilitation or the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped

This office provides funds for educational purposes to people who have physical or mental disabilities or visual impairments which are handicaps to employment. Contact your local Office, whose telephone number can be located in your telephone directory under State Agencies.

Veterans GI Bill® Benefits

Funds for educational purposes are available to veterans of the Armed Forces. Contact the Veteran's Representative at Hofstra (516) 463-6523 for individual information.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Private Agencies

Private Agencies such as religious organizations, unions, foundations and social, civic and cultural groups may make awards to students. Check any organization in which you participate. Also check web sites such as fastweb.com and scholarships.com