An education from a prestigious private university is an investment in your future and we are here to help make that investment more easily attainable. All admitted students are reviewed for merit based scholarship at the time of acceptance, so no additional application is necessary. Scholarships are determined by the information supplied in your application for admission and by the GPA earned at the time of admission. Please note award amounts may vary based on information supplied in your application and the term with which you apply. Priority is given to students who complete their application by March 1 for the fall and November 1 for the spring. Academic scholarships are subject to change and exact amounts vary from semester to semester. All scholarships are awarded on a funds-available basis.
Scholarship Award Breakdown for Fall Enrollment by GPA at Time of Application
- Students who have a GPA or 3.9 or above typically receive scholarships ranging from $15,000 to $16,000 per year.
- Students with a GPA of 3.75-3.89 typically receive scholarships ranging from $14,000 to $15,000 per year.
- Students with a GPA of 3.4-3.74 typically receive scholarships ranging from $12,000 to $14,000 per year.
- Students with a GPA of 3.25-3.39 typically receive an average award of $10,000 to $12,000 per year.
- Students with a GPA of 3.0-3.24 typically receive an average award of $8,000 to $10,000 per year.
- Students with a GPA below a 3.0 at time of application will be reviewed and awarded scholarships on a case by case basis.
We invite you to apply to Hofstra University as a transfer student to learn about the scholarship offerings that might be available to you.
*There are a limited number of full tuition scholarships.