Parents and family members of our students are invited to get involved with Hofstra community. Here are some ways you may do so:
- Family Weekend (fall): Event Greeter
- Admitted Student Days (Feb.-May): Event Greeter
- Parent Orientation (Summer and Winter): Event Greeter
- Move-In Day (August): Event Greeter
- Host Regional Receptions (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive application)
- “Parent Voice” Writer: Submit your posts for our Family Connection Blog
- Provide internships/jobs to Hofstra students
- Call other parents on behalf of the Fund for Hofstra
- Join Parent Council (e-mail email@example.com to receive application)
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the Family Information Form and mail it or fax it to the Parent and Family Programs Office. When a need arises, we will contact you. Please note that there is a selection process for regional hosts and Parent Council.
You may also volunteer your contact information for Regional Directory of Hofstra Families. Many families and students like to have contact information for Hofstra families in their geographic area. It is easier to organize car pools or just know that a Hofstra family is nearby. Parents can volunteer their contact information by e-mailing our office and providing their student's name and Hofstra ID number (for verification), their name(s), town, state, phone number and e-mail address. Once a semester, we will e-mail parents an updated pdf file of the directory. If you have any questions, please call (516) 463-4698.