Summer Orientation Checklist
Before You Attend Orientation
Follow this simple checklist to prepare for New Student Orientation
Read the common reading material that will be used as the basis for the model class during New Student Orientation. You will receive more information about this in the confirmation e-mail.
- Bring photo identification.
- Send verification of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), if it is not already on file with the University. It is extremely important that each student provides the University with updated verification of vaccinations. Students who do not comply with this New York state law will be removed from classes. Contact the Hofstra University Wellness Center at (516) 463-6745 with any questions.
- Send official transcripts for Advanced Placement credit, college credits or credits for any other special programs to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Bring your laptop computer so you can connect to the net.
- Bring your vehicle for registration (if applicable).
- Bring a sweatshirt or jacket, as the air-conditioning at Hofstra is quite powerful!
- Bring linens (pillowcase, sheets and towels). A pillow and blanket will be provided.
- Bring an umbrella.
- Bring extra spending money (optional). Some students choose to shop at the Hofstra University Bookstore and sample some of the University's many on-campus dining facilities in addition to the meals provided during the three-day New Student Orientation program.
- Become a fan of Hofstra Orientation on facebook.
After New Student Orientation
- Prepare for the fall semester.
- Participate in Welcome Week (August 29 - September 2, 2013).
- Begin classes (September 3, 2013).