- New Resident Application Process
- New Resident Assignment Process
New Resident Application Process
Apply for Housing: New Residents
Incoming undergraduate, graduate, law and medical students are assigned on a first come; first served basis based on the student’s housing application submission date. Information regarding the housing application process is sent to the student’s home in his or her Admission’s acceptance packet.
Students who wish to apply for housing must complete the two-step application process outlined below. Once both steps have been completed, the Office of Residential Programs will assign a housing space and will communicate the housing assignment to newly assigned students by sending a letter to the student’s home address. This mailing will include where the student will be living, along with contact information for any roommates/suitemates (if applicable). Information about moving into the residence halls will also be included.
Eligibility Requirements for Incoming Residents:
- Students must be admitted to Hofstra University
- Students must pay the $300 housing deposit
- Students must register for full-time course load during selected orientation session and maintain a full-time course load throughout academic year to remain in housing
Paying Your Housing Deposit
Students can avoid long lines by opting to pay the required $300 housing deposit online. Housing deposits may be paid via electronic check online through e-bill located on the Deposits tab through the student portal at my.hofstra.edu. Students paying by cash, check or money order must do so at the Student Financial Services Suite, 206 Memorial Hall.
In order to pay online, please follow these steps:
- Simply log into http://my.hofstra.edu
- Click on "Hofstra Online" tab via the navigation menu on the left
- Click on "Student Payment Center" under Student Services
- Click on "My Payment Center"
- Select the "eDeposits" tab
- Select the term (e.g, fall 2013)
- Select the type of deposit you want (i.e. Housing Deposit).
Completing Your Housing Application
After paying your housing deposit using the steps above, students should complete their housing application. To complete your application, please follow the steps below:
- Log into http://my.hofstra.edu
- Click on "Hofstra Online" via the navigation menu on the left
- Click on the "Residential Programs" Menu.
- Click on the "Residential Programs Room Application."
- Select the term for which you are applying (i.e. 201309 for fall undergraduate, graduate or law students; 201311 for medical school students).
- Follow instructions to complete the housing application and select a dining plan, as it is a condition of residency for all undergraduate students effective fall 2013.
New Resident Assignment Process
Deposited students who have submitted housing applications will be assigned on a date-received basis. Housing assignments will be communicated electronically to student PRIDE accounts throughout the summer.