Hofstra Cultural Center Grant
In order to encourage all academic units of the University to invite speakers and create programming, the Cultural Center invites faculty and student organizations (including honor societies) to apply for Cultural Center event grants. Grants will be made available for amounts from $250 - $2500 for programs that can be applied to honorariums, travel, hospitality, or miscellaneous event costs. Lecturers, symposia, master classes and performances will all be considered.
The Cultural Center Advisory Board will give priority to programs that:
- are interdisciplinary or of interest to students and faculty in numerous academic departments.
- encourage attendance from numerous audiences, including the surrounding community and local schools.
- have a plan for audience recruitment, timing, promotion and engagement.
- are unique, relevant or tied to the mission of the University or various academic units.
- use resources wisely and efficiently.
In addition, the Hofstra Cultural Center Advisory Board will consider:
- The schedule and subject matter of events to ensure a balanced calendar throughout the semester.
- If the calendar represents a diversity of interests and academic disciplines
- That events are appropriately planned and at times and dates that maximize the audience
- If any other funding is available or has been allocated for the program.
- What the funding will be used for.
The deadline for program consideration for Fall 2013 will be September 24. All applicants will be notified by September 30 if they have received funding. All grantees will also receive logistical and planning support from the Cultural Center, including assistance with travel, contracts, room and A/V reservations, hospitality, ticketing and audience management, and publicity coordination. Applications which are submitted after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis.