Explore Next Door
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement hosts Explore Next Door (END), a series of trips for undergraduate students into New York City and the surrounding area. The Fall semester trips are open to all new students (first year and transfer) and our Spring semester trips are open to all undergraduate students. The purpose of this program is to introduce students to the cultural wealth of New York City and provide them with an opportunity to connect with their fellow students, faculty and administrators outside of the classroom.
Here is what we have planned for this semester!
Explore Next Doors Trips Spring 2017
February 26th: Awash Ethiopian Restaurant
If you enjoy trying new things, come experience some of the best Ethiopian food that the borough of Brooklyn has to offer.
Sign-ups: February 15 @11:30 a.m. in 260 Student Center
March 12th: Rock Climbing at The Cliffs Long Island City
Looking for a Challenge? Test your might and scale the rock wall at the renowned Cliffs at Long Island City.
Sign-ups: March 1 @11:30 a.m. in 260 Student Center
April 9th: Knicks vs Raptors
Watch Porzingas and the Knicks take on the Toronto Raptors in the worlds most famous arena, Madison Square Garden.
Sign-ups: March 29 @11:30 a.m. in 260 Student Center
Eligibility / Cancellation Policies
- The fall END trips are open only to new registered first-year and new transfer undergraduate students. During the spring semester trips are open to all registered undergraduate students. Students are required to pay a $10 cash deposit to hold their spot. Your deposit is refunded after you attend the event.
- One trip per semester per student during the fall semester.
- Student must be present on the date and time of sign up and present a valid Hofstra ID. Students may not sign up other students for trips.
- Sign ups take place in 260 Student Center at 11:30 a.m. on the days listed unless otherwise noted. Please note for some popular events, students line up before 11:30.
- Sign ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis; we cannot sign up anyone before 11:30 a.m. on the designated day.
- Students must cancel by 9 am three business days before their scheduled event by contacting the Student Leadership Office in 260 Student Center at 516-463-6914.
- Any student who fails to cancel within the cancellation period will have to forfeit their deposit.
- If you are interested in attending an Explore Next Door Trip and have a disability requiring any kind of special travel needs, please contact the Office of Student Leadership and Activities at (516) 463-6914 or email OSLA at least 30 days before the scheduled trip.
Meeting Locations and Times
OSLE will be providing students with FREE tickets to venues. Transportation will not be included for Spring Semester. You will get detailed information regarding the location and time for each trip when you sign up. Students will have the option to meet up with a Student Leader scheduled to guide each trip.