Shuttle Promotion Program
Hofstra University departments wishing to place promotions on the Hofstra shuttle buses must submit requests using the following steps:
- Prior to submitting your request, please obtain authorization from your supervisor (as appropriate).
- Download the PowerPoint template with which you will create your advertisement.
- Once you have created your advertisement with in the constraints of the PowerPoint template, you will need to convert your document into a PDF. This can be done by going through the steps of printing your document, but instead of printing it you will change your Printer to “Adobe PDF.” If you run into problems at this point please contact Help Desk at 3-7777.
- After you have your PDF advertisement you will need to e-mail it with your budget number to Charles Forrest, Associate Director of Public Safety (Charles.J.Forrest_at_hofstra.edu (replace the _at_ with @) who will coordinate the program and submit all requests for final approval to Sandra Johnson, Vice President for Student Affairs or her designee.
- After final approval Charles Forrest will submit each advertisement request via WebCRD, Hofstra’s Online Print Services. After the job is processed he will place the advertisement on the buses.
- The turnaround time for processing each advertisement is two weeks. Each advertisement will remain on the Hofstra shuttle buses for two weeks only.
The cost for each sign is twenty five dollars ($25). For uniformity and appearance, the total size of each advertisement will be 11 ½ by 24 inches, including text and photo (if desired).
Only official Hofstra-recognized programs, departments and offices may use this service.