The Academic Affairs division, under the direction of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Terri Shapiro, Ph.D., is responsible for overseeing, amongst other things:
- All curriculum matters, including the review and approval of all programs and courses, as well as oversight of the appraisal of the effectiveness and quality of instruction
- Graduate studies
- Bulletin Office, which publishes the Undergraduate Bulletin, Graduate Studies Bulletin, January Bulletin, Summer Bulletin, as well as the Commencement and New Student Convocation programs
- Evaluation of faculty and deans
- Faculty concerns, including special leaves (sabbaticals) and the Professor incentive program
- Student problems and appeals, including the academic dishonesty reporting and appeal processes
- Peer Teacher program
- Honorary Degree Committee
Dr. Shapiro is the liaison to the New York State Education Department to register/re-register all academic programs. Additionally, Dr. Shapiro hosts the New Faculty Orientation, Make Things Happen Seminars and serves as Adviser to numerous taskforces and committees, including the Graduate Academic Affairs Committee, Athletic Policy Committee, and the Faculty Affairs Committee of the University Senate.
Terri Shapiro, Ph.D.
Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
144 Hofstra University
200 West Library Wing
Hempstead, NY 11549