If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Skip to Main Content
Human Resources
Chronicle - 2017 - Great Colleges to Work For - Nine Consecutive Years

Loss of Medicaid or CHIP Eligibility

If you or your children are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and you’re eligible for health coverage from your employer, your state may have a premium assistance program that can help pay for coverage, using funds from their Medicaid or CHIP programs. If you or your children aren’t eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, you won’t be eligible for these premium assistance programs but you may be able to buy individual insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. For more information, visit www.healthcare.gov.

If you or your dependents are already enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP and you live in a State listed below, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office to find out if premium assistance is available.

If you or your dependents are NOT currently enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, and you think you or any of your dependents might be eligible for either of these programs, contact your State Medicaid or CHIP office or dial 1-877-KIDS NOW or www.insurekidsnow.gov to find out how to apply. If you qualify, ask your state if it has a program that might help you pay the premiums for an employer-sponsored plan.

If you or your dependents are eligible for premium assistance under Medicaid or CHIP, as well as eligible under your employer plan, your employer must allow you to enroll in your employer plan if you aren’t already enrolled. This is called a “special enrollment” opportunity, and you must request coverage within 60 days of being determined eligible for premium assistance. If you have questions about enrolling in your employer plan, contact the Department of Labor at www.askebsa.dol.gov or call 1-866-444-EBSA (3272).

If you live in one of the following states, you may be eligible for assistance paying your employer health plan premiums. The following list of states is current as of July 31, 2018. Contact your State for more information on eligibility –

ALABAMA – Medicaid

FLORIDA – Medicaid

Website: http://myalhipp.com/
Phone: 1-855-692-5447

Website: http://flmedicaidtplrecovery.com/hipp/
Phone: 1-877-357-3268

ALASKA – Medicaid

GEORGIA – Medicaid

The AK Health Insurance Premium Payment Program
Website: http://myakhipp.com/
Phone: 1-866-251-4861
Email: CustomerService@MyAKHIPP.com
Medicaid Eligibility: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dpa/Pages/medicaid/default.aspx

Website: http://dch.georgia.gov/medicaid
- Click on Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP)
Phone: 404-656-4507

ARKANSAS – Medicaid

INDIANA – Medicaid

Website: http://myarhipp.com/
Phone: 1-855-MyARHIPP (855-692-7447)

Healthy Indiana Plan for low-income adults 19-64
Website: http://www.in.gov/fssa/hip/
Phone: 1-877-438-4479
All other Medicaid
Website: http://www.indianamedicaid.com
Phone 1-800-403-0864

COLORADO – Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) &
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)

IOWA – Medicaid

Health First Colorado Website: https://www.healthfirstcolorado.com/
Health First Colorado Member Contact Center:
1-800-221-3943/ State Relay 711
CHP+: Colorado.gov/HCPF/Child-Health-Plan-Plus
CHP+ Customer Service: 1-800-359-1991/
State Relay 711

Phone: 1-800-257-8563

KANSAS – Medicaid


Website: http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/
Phone: 1-785-296-3512

Website: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/ombp/nhhpp/
Phone: 603-271-5218
Hotline: NH Medicaid Service Center at 1-888-901-4999

KENTUCKY – Medicaid

NEW JERSEY – Medicaid and CHIP

Website: https://chfs.ky.gov
Phone: 1-800-635-2570

Medicaid Website:
Medicaid Phone: 609-631-2392
CHIP Website: http://www.njfamilycare.org/index.html
CHIP Phone: 1-800-701-0710

LOUISIANA – Medicaid

NEW YORK – Medicaid

Website: http://dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/subhome/1/n/331
Phone: 1-888-695-2447

Website: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/
Phone: 1-800-541-2831

MAINE – Medicaid


Website: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/ofi/public-assistance/index.html
Phone: 1-800-442-6003
TTY: Maine relay 711

Website: https://dma.ncdhhs.gov/
Phone: 919-855-4100



Website: http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/masshealth/
Phone: 1-800-862-4840

Website: http://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/medicalserv/medicaid/
Phone: 1-844-854-4825

MINNESOTA – Medicaid

OKLAHOMA – Medicaid and CHIP

Phone: 1-800-657-3739

Website: http://www.insureoklahoma.org
Phone: 1-888-365-3742

MISSOURI – Medicaid

OREGON – Medicaid

Website: http://www.dss.mo.gov/mhd/participants/pages/hipp.htm
Phone: 573-751-2005

Website: http://healthcare.oregon.gov/Pages/index.aspx
Phone: 1-800-699-9075

MONTANA – Medicaid


Website: http://dphhs.mt.gov/MontanaHealthcarePrograms/HIPP
Phone: 1-800-694-3084

Website: http://www.dhs.pa.gov/provider/medicalassistance/healthinsurancepremiumpaymenthippprogram/index.htm
Phone: 1-800-692-7462

NEBRASKA – Medicaid


Website: http://www.ACCESSNebraska.ne.gov
Phone: (855) 632-7633
Lincoln: (402) 473-7000
Omaha: (402) 595-1178

Website: http://www.eohhs.ri.gov/
Phone: 855-697-4347

NEVADA – Medicaid


Medicaid Website: http://dhcfp.nv.gov
Medicaid Phone: 1-800-992-0900

Website: https://www.scdhhs.gov
Phone: 1-888-549-0820



Website: http://dss.sd.gov
Phone: 1-888-828-0059

Website: http://www.hca.wa.gov/free-or-low-cost-health-care/program-administration/premium-payment-program
Phone: 1-800-562-3022 ext. 15473

TEXAS – Medicaid


Website: http://gethipptexas.com/
Phone: 1-800-440-0493

Website: http://mywvhipp.com/
Toll-free phone: 1-855-MyWVHIPP (1-855-699-8447)

UTAH – Medicaid and CHIP

WISCONSIN – Medicaid and CHIP

Medicaid Website: https://medicaid.utah.gov/
CHIP Website: http://health.utah.gov/chip
Phone: 1-877-543-7669

Phone: 1-800-362-3002

VERMONT– Medicaid

WYOMING – Medicaid

Website: http://www.greenmountaincare.org/
Phone: 1-800-250-8427

Website: https://wyequalitycare.acs-inc.com/
Phone: 307-777-7531

VIRGINIA – Medicaid and CHIP


Medicaid Website: http://www.coverva.org/programs_premium_assistance.cfm
Medicaid Phone: 1-800-432-5924
CHIP Website: http://www.coverva.org/programs_premium_assistance.cfm
CHIP Phone: 1-855-242-8282


To see if any other states have added a premium assistance program since July 31, 2018, or for more information on special enrollment rights, contact either:

U.S. Department of Labor U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Employee Benefits Security Administration Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
www.dol.gov/agencies/ebsa www.cms.hhs.gov
1-866-444-EBSA (3272) 1-877-267-2323, Menu Option 4, Ext. 61565

Paperwork Reduction Act Statement

According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L.104-13) (PRA), no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid Office of Management and Budget (OMB) control number. The Department notes that a Federal agency cannot conduct or sponsor a collection of information unless it is approved by OMB under the PRA, and displays a currently valid OMB control number, and the public is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. See 44 U.S.C. 3507. Also, notwithstanding any other provisions of law, no person shall be subject to penalty for failing to comply with a collection of information if the collection of information does not display a currently valid OMB control number. See 44 U.S.C. 3512.

The public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average approximately seven minutes per respondent. Interested parties are encouraged to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to the U.S. Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration, Office of Policy and Research, Attention: PRA Clearance Officer, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room N-5718, Washington, DC 20210 or email ebsa.opr@dol.gov and reference the OMB Control Number 1210-0137.

Chronicle - 2017 - Great Colleges to Work For - Nine Consecutive Years