||Maurice A. Deane School of Law
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
||The Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University seeks applications for the position of Assistant Director of Access and Collection Services. Reporting to the Director of the Law Library, the Assistant Director provides leadership and vision for the organization, maintenance, and discoverability of library resources in all formats; supervision of the processing of physical materials; circulation, interlibrary loan, and documents delivery functions of the library; collaboration with the University Library in the cataloging of materials; and management of statistical and reporting functions related to the library collection. The Assistant Director advises the Library Director with respect to best practices and innovation in collection management and resource sharing, monitors the acquisitions budget in consultation with the Library Director, continues intellectual and professional growth through involvement in professional associations relevant to the demands of the position, and fosters strong working relationships with colleagues in other academic law libraries.
The Assistant Director serves as the Law School’s expert in the comprehensive use of the integrated library system (Sierra), and supervises a team that includes one Access & Collection Services librarian, one Digital Initiatives librarian, and five Access & Collection Services staff members, participates in regular strategic planning with the Library Director and Assistant Director for Reference and Instructional Services, and works collaboratively with all library team members in carrying out the long- and short-term objectives and goals of the library and the Law School.
||• A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies or Knowledge Management from an ALA accredited school or foreign equivalent.
• Four to six years of experience in academic libraries with at least two years of successful supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of integrated library systems as used by technical services and collection management units, including statistical and fund maintenance, proxy servers, reporting functions, and the structure and management of online catalogs.
• Knowledge of OCLC.
• Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business and academic applications.
• An aptitude for and interest in project planning and management, as well as excellent organizational, time-management, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, within a collegial environment.
• A strong work ethic and commitment to excellent service.
• Ability to balance the pursuit of excellence with a spirit of kindness and collaboration.
• Knowledge of standard and emerging cataloging principles and metadata schemes.
• Experience with Innovative Interfaces Millennium or Sierra, including experience with batch importing of catalog records.
• Experience with Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery functions of an academic library.
||Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to Courtney Selby, Law Library Director, at LawSchoolJobs@hofstra.edu. Please include “Assistant Director of Access and Collection Services” in the subject line.