Resident Safety ID Policy
HOFSTRA STUDENTS (current students with a valid Hofstra ID)
- All residents must swipe themselves into their own residence hall.
- Students visiting the residence halls will leave their ID with the RSR and be signed in. The RSR will verify the resident host's name using the student roster and swipe the student's Hofstra ID through the card reader before allowing entry.
- If the card reader shows "Expired" when the Hofstra ID is swiped or if it is an Alumni card, the individual will be signed in as a guest.
GUESTS (anyone without a valid Hofstra University ID)
- Guests of resident students will leave a valid picture ID with the RSR and be signed in.
- All guests must be escorted into the building by the resident host or they will not be permitted to enter. The RSR must verify the host's name using the student roster before allowing entry.
Failure to comply with the ID Policy will result in the issuance of a warning.
For more information, please contact the Resident Safety Office at (516) 463-6612.