- Long Island Immigrant Alliance
Recommendations to the Suffolk County Hate Crimes Taskforce
- Sociology Chair Greg Maney, Students Investigate Human Trafficking
The Principal Investigator: Dr. Gregory Maney
Contact Information: Gregory.M.Maney@hofstra.edu
- Urban Research-Based Action Network – Boston
- Brown University bibliography on Community-Based Participatory Research
- UC Berkeley Center for Popular Education and Participatory Research
- The Adopt-a-Trout: (AaT) Program is monitoring the reintroduction of brook trout to Shu Swamp Preserve, part of the Oyster Bay Stewardship area and their only known spawning ground in Nassau County, NY.
The Principal Investigator: Peter C. Daniel
Contact Information: Peter.C.Daniel@hofstra.edu
- Roosevelt Middle School Adolescent Obesity Prevention: Working with Nassau University Medical Center, the National Center for Suburban Studies, Roosevelt Middle School faculty and administration and parents to reduce obesity rates.
- Roosevelt Environmental Justice project: working with CBOs Choice for All and Roosevelt Community Revitalization Group on increasing advocacy and awareness of local environmental justice issues, such as groundwater contamination and brownfield development.
- New Cassel and Uniondale Photo Voice: working with teens in these communities to assess the assets and improvements needed in their communities using photographs, and how to use these findings for advocacy and change.
- Suburban Health Stories: creating digital video narratives to document how place affects the health of residents of lower income suburban communities. This ongoing project aims to uncover the lived experiences of health inequities on Long Island.
The Principal Investigator: Dr. Martine Hackett
Contact Information: Martine.Hackett@hofstra.edu