Dance Alumni Success
The following is a partial list of the professional activities of our graduate dance majors:
- Christa Cocciole ('92) - Co-founder of Hinter Haus Productions, a performing arts multimedia dance performance company in Berlin, Germany.
- Alexis Melonopoulos ('92) - Director of Dance Program at Miss Porter's School, Farmington, CT.
- Gregg Hurley ('93) - Resident choreographer for Sight and Sound Theatres in Lancaster, PA.
- Larry Keigwin ('94) - Performed with Mark Dendy, Jane Comfort, John Jasperse, Penny Arcade, Doug Elkins, Robin Becker, David Rousseve, Varla Jean Merman and Zvi Gotheiner. Director of his own company Keigwin + Company and producer of Keigwin's Kabaret presented at the Public Theater at Joe's Pub and Symphony Space in New York City. He was assistant choreographer and performed a six-minute solo dance in the Manhattan Theatre Club production of The Wild Party and will appear in this fall's new production of The Magic Flute at the Metropolitan Opera. In 1999, he received a Bessie Award for his performance in Dream Analysis by Mark Dendy and was featured in Dance Magazine's April 2003 issue as one of the 25 dancer/choreographers to look for in the future.
- Jamie Goldberg ('96) - Anita in West Side Story - National Touring Company and Dulcinea (Understudy) for recent revival of The Man of La Mancha on Broadway.
- Stacy Cohen ('98) - Certified teacher of Gyrokinesis, dancer with Liz Buehler
- Nami Kakiya ('97) - Lead dancer Rod Rodgers Dance Company.
- Zakiya Kaalund ('99) - Director of Infinity Dance Company and School, Queens, NY
- Kara Kapers ('99) - Featured dancer with The Vissi Dance Theater.
- Makeda Thomas ('99) - Member of Jawole Will Jo Zollar's Urban Bush Women (NYC), Rennie Harris's Puremovement (Philadelphia), and the Lulu Washington Dance Theater (Los Angeles). Currently, Director of her own company Makeda Thomas Dance Projects for which she received a 2004 grant from Arts International to create a new work for the National Company of Song and Dance of Mozambique and a dance installation for Cape Town, South Africa.
- Melissa van Wijk ('99) - Director of her company, NOWDance.
- Salvatore LaRussa ('00) - Director of Salvatore LaRussa Dance and former lead dancer with Michael Mao Dance Company.
- Nicole Walter ('00) - Dancer with Salvatore La Russa, Fluidbody, Caryn Heilman, and Robin Becker.
- Erica DeJesus ('01) - Danced with H.T. Chen & Dancers, NYC
- Dina Denis ('02) - Artistic Director of Diana Denis Dance former dancer with Robin Becker Dance and the Joan Miller Dance Company.
- Tara Dunleavy ('04) - National Touring Company of Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Production, Twyla Tharp's Movin' Out in Atlantic City.
- Lindsey Leduc ('04) - Member of Gus Giordano Dance Company, Chicago.
- Christina Lynch Markham (’04) – Member of the Paul Taylor II Dance Company
- Natalie Tursi (‘05) –former member of Gus Giordano II and currently, Melisssa Thodos Dance Chicago
- Gregg Youdan (’08) – member of Sokolow Theatre Dance Ensemble