Hofstra Study Abroad in Ireland!
Spend three weeks in Galway on Ireland's breathtaking Atlantic coast, experience Dublin's emergence as a global city, and meet community groups working for peace in Northern Ireland.
Ireland was once known as the Island of Saints and Scholars but, more recently, has been known as the site of bitter community conflict and, more recently still, as the home of the booming Celtic Tiger economy. Hofstra offers an exceptional opportunity to study these aspects of Irish life and history and more.
The program is an opportunity to:
- earn credits towards graduation in a spectacular Irish setting
- study contemporary Ireland in the classroom and experience it for yourself through fieldtrips and impromptu encounters with locals
- satisfy distribution requirements
- learn the Irish language while satisfying the Hofstra Special Language Option
- undertake an individual honors option and/or earn HUHC credit
- build towards an Irish Studies minor.
To obtain an application or for further information contact Professor Patricia Navarra (e-mail)