News and Events
The American Art Therapy Association has an annual conference where art therapists and students from across the country, and the world, come together to share and learn from each other. Information about their upcoming conference can be found at: AATA conferences
The New York Art Therapy Association holds lectures and symposiums around the metropolitan area. Visit NYATA events for more information.
Past Hofstra Creative Arts Therapy Program Conferences (click for .PDF brochure):
- A Conference on the Power of Personal Imagery (Judy Weiser, R. Psych, ATR)
- A Conference On Domestic Violence (Laura Greenstone, MS, LPC, ATR-BC)
- Inspirations in Creative Arts Therapy Practice (Judith Rubin, PhD, ATR-BC, HLM)
- Blurring Boundaries: The Interface of Creative Arts Therapy and Medical Sciences (Donna Betts, PhD, ATR-BC)
- Trauma and PTSD: Effective Treatment Through Creative Arts Therapy (Martha Haeseler, MA, ATR-BC)
- Reaching Out: Responding to Community Needs (Randy M. Vick, MS, ATR-BC, LCPC)
- Creative Arts Therapy: From Foundations to Innovations (Frances F. Kaplan, MPS, DA, ATR-BC)
- Creativity and Aging: Responding to Diversity and Increased Longevity
For more information on registration for conferences at Hofstra, please visit the Office of Professional Development Services.