If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Skip to Main Content

Rehabilitation Counseling Programs Placement Rate of Graduates

Placement Rate of Students Upon Graduation

Placement rates in the Rehabilitation Counseling programs are considered to be exceptional for students. Approximately 75% of students are already employed by the time they graduate from the programs. Another 10% are hired within the first three months of graduation and an additional 10% within the first six months. As a result, 95% of the students in the programs are actively employed within the first six months of graduating. Based on our most recent alumni survey, the remaining 5% reporting unemployment indicated various reasons (e.g. not yet seeking employment to address family/personal needs, getting married, pursuing another degree, still actively seeking, etc.).

Employment Settings Where Graduates Work

Students in our programs work in a variety of settings in the field. Based on our most recent alumni survey, approximately 17% of graduates are working for State Vocational Rehabilitation, 8% for the Veterans Affairs, and 75% for community-based organizations (CBO). Some of the CBOs our alumni work in are: comprehensive rehabilitation centers, mental health clinics, rehabilitation hospitals, and drug and alcohol agencies. Other settings graduates have been hired into include university and school settings, correctional facilities, independent living centers, insurance companies, and private-for-profit rehabilitation firms.