If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.
MA in Speech-Language Pathology Frequently Asked Questions
- How many credits is the MA program?
- The MA program for Speech-Language Pathology is 52 credits
- The MA program for Speech-Language Pathology with Teacher Certification is 57 credits
- The bilingual extension includes all requirements for ii) above plus an additional 6 credits for a total of 63 credits
- How long does it take to complete the MA?
The full-time MA program for options i) and ii) takes 2 years including 2 winter sessions and 1 summer session.
- What are the requirements for applying to the program?
- BA in Communication Sciences and disorders, or the appropriate prerequisite course work;
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- GREs taken within 5 years prior to application;
- Three academic (faculty) letters from the undergraduate program or from instructors of prerequisite course work;
- Personal statement of no more than 500 words.
- Is it possible to complete the MA program on a part-time basis?
No. This is a full-time program.
- How should I go about registering for prerequisite courses?
Submit an application for non-matriculated status, available from the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Contact the graduate secretary, Ms. Joyce Fuentes, at (516)463-5508 to register for prerequisite course work or email her.