The DeMatteis Co-op Program offers students an integrated educational and professional working experience. Students are hired for a paid position in a company related to their degree program prior to graduation. Working as a co-op gives the student insight into how companies work and what is expected of new employees. It is a tremendous advantage for graduating students seeking full-time employment.
The co-op program is available to eligible Engineering students after the first semester of their junior year. The program supports the spirit of the SEAS mission statement which is to “educate engineers and computer scientists who are creative, entrepreneurial, and prepared to tackle critical global challenges”.
- Undergraduate students must possess a minimum 3.0 GPA overall. If in doubt, please check with us or a faculty advisor.
- Graduate students must possess a minimum 3.2 GPA overall.
- Undergraduate students must have completed their first semester of their junior year, including all courses required in the junior curriculum through that semester.
- F-1 International Students are eligible to participate if they meet all requirements to obtain authorization for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). Students should contact the International Student Affairs office for more information about CPT. Other international students should make sure they can participate in the co-op program based on their immigration status. Please consult the International Student Affairs office to discuss.
- For MS- CS qualifications check the Handbook