Computer Science and Cybersecurity Degree
Program Educational Objectives:
The new BS in Computer Science and Cybersecurity program is designed to produce graduates who are fully qualified as computer software and hardware developers, while at the same time, able to serve as information security officers, penetration testers, and network administrators.
The program provides a solid foundation of computer science, emphasizing specifically the expertise in computing systems. Its cybersecurity curriculum is designed to cover all the required knowledge units as defined by the National Security Agency (NSA) - National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD). The program provides a solid foundation in computer science, specifically emphasizing expertise in computing systems.
The Department plans to obtain NSA certification in four years.
Hands-on experience with real world projects and defense technologies ensure that our graduates will succeed in the technically challenging and rapidly changing field of cybersecurity.
- Computer Science & Cybersecurity Prerequisites
- Computer Science & Cybersecurity Course Listing
- Sample Four Year Computer Science & Cybersecurity Plan
For more information, download the new BS in CS and Cybersecurity Brochure.
- Advance in graduate studies or be successful practitioners in applied fields of computescience and cybersecurity.
- Apply communication and organizational skills in the context of ethical issues affecting the discipline or society.
- Think critically and creatively to solve local or global problems and become lifelong learners and contributors to society.
- Apply knowledge and skills to solve problems effectively and efficiently and to contribute to the technical advancement of computer science and cybersecurity.