The BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE gives students a solid foundation in computer science. Fewer required courses in the major and more electives allow students to pursue minors and a second major in other departments. Students may pursue a general track or an individual track that has a sequence of two independent study courses specially designed in collaboration with a faculty member.
Computer Science, BA Major in
By the time of graduation, computer science students will exhibit an ability to:
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- Make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Apply theory in the design and implementation of computer-based solutions.
- Reason about and explain computer-based solutions at multiple levels of abstraction.