Project Mission, Vision and Goals
The primary mission of the CCfT Project is to develop a series of high-quality, classroom-ready semester-long curriculum materials to introduce learners in grades 10-12 to contemporary technologies and STEM careers in physical technology, information technology, and technology in the living world. Through the efforts of the CCfT partners, we expect to:
- Produce, field-test, evaluate, and revise three comprehensive, semester-long cross-disciplinary courses for grades 10-12 that promote career exploration, are guided by STL, and are linked to skill and academic standards.
- Generate student and teacher interest and positive attitudes toward STEM careers.
- Develop teacher support materials that scaffold instruction in each of the courses.
- Build a collaborative team to provide pedagogical and content expertise during curriculum writing, and provide quality professional development to curriculum adopters.
- Enhance high school students' content knowledge and skills, as well as their ability to choose personally appropriate career pathways in Project-related STEM fields.
- Evaluate, commercially publish, and disseminate methods, materials, and results.