Master of Arts (MA) in Journalism
The Master of Arts (MA) in Journalism at Hofstra University is a professional program that prepares students to become ethical, skilled providers of news. After completing a core of journalism ethics, reporting, writing and multimedia skills courses, students may pursue study in the specialized fields of business, science, health and or sports reporting, or current public relations practices.
- Students take core journalism courses in fundamental reporting and multimedia skills, critical thinking, and effective oral and written expression.
- Specialize in business, science or sports journalism
- Elective coursework is offered through the Department of Journalism, Media Studies, and Public Relations; Hofstra’s Frank G. Zarb School of Business; and other disciplines.
- The curriculum includes several electives including an internship or independent study. A capstone project is required of all students completing the degree.
- Work with local students in the High School Community Journalism Program
- No GRE required for admission to the program
Do you have a passion for journalism and media production in sports? Our program offers a specialization in Sports Media.
Students get valuable career experience and professional connections with sought-after internships at top media companies in the nation.