If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.
Professional Development Planning Checklist
PLANNING A CONFERENCE, WORKSHOP, OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY
- _____ Create a planning committee or group to guide the conference or workshop development process.
- _____ Choose a theme and/or focus for the event.
- _____ Identify participant/attendees and project possible numbers.
- _____ Generate a list of prospective speakers and workshop leaders for the conference.
- _____ Discuss possible donors who might be able to contribute to underwriting conference/workshops in order to keep registration costs down to participants.
- _____ Set up a meeting with the OPDS to discuss progress to date, and discuss the following details:
- _____ Space needs for conference/workshop.
- _____ Publicity:
- _____ "Save the Date" flyer
- _____ Brochure and/or flyer development
- _____ Target audience for publicity
- _____ Mailing/distribution timetable
- _____ Responsibility for mailing/distribution
- _____ Develop preliminary budget.
- _____ Hour-by-hour itinerary for conference.
- _____ Meal/food plans initially designed.
- _____ Initiate requests for audiovisual services and layout of large group meeting areas.
- _____ Track final details of the conference/workshop until event
- _____ Monitor registrants and make final adjustment in food order and in physical arrangements for all facilities to be used.
- _____ Confer with OPDS to discuss conference registration on the day of the event and any support that the planning group should provide for a smooth check in process.
- _____ Confirm any final changes in audiovisual support for the conference/ workshop.
- _____ On the day of the conference/workshop, check in frequently with OPDS personnel to ensure that all aspects of the event are proceeding according to plan.
- _____ After the conference/workshop is over, contact the OPDS to discuss any details that require attention before the books are officially closed for the event.