Tk20 Assessment Program: Cooperating Teachers
Information on how to assess student teachers and view student work in Tk20
To complete assessments in Tk20, you must first log into the system at https://hofstra.tk20.com
Your username and password will be provided to you by the Tk20 Unit Administrators at Hofstra University.
I. Viewing student artifacts in Tk20
- Log into Tk20 with your username and the password provided (note that the first time you log in, you will be prompted to change your password).
- Select the Field Experience tab.
- Select Assessments in the side menu.
- A list of students and Field Experience Binders which you are required to assess will be displayed. A red flag will display beside any Field Experience Binder that has not been assessed.
- Select the link for the Field Experience Binder you wish to assess.
- Students will be submitting weekly lesson plans, unit plans, and other documents for your review. A split screen will appear with the student’s artifacts on the left side of the screen and a list of all relevant assessment instruments on the right side of the screen. On the left side, the binder is divided into multiple tabs; each tab contains different artifacts that have been submitted by the student. Select the appropriate tab, and the link to the appropriate artifact. Select the name of the file that you wish to view first. If it is a Word document, the file will open in Word. If it is an Excel document, the file will open in Excel.
- Follow this example for all of the artifacts you need to review.
II. Completing assessments in Tk20
- Once you have finished reviewing the student’s artifact(s), you are ready to begin completing the assessment tool(s).
- To complete an assessment, select the name of the assessment tool on the right side of the screen.
- Depending on how the assessment tool was configured, you might see a rubric format with radio buttons or you might see text boxes with spaces for comments, or a combination of both. Complete the assessment tool as required.
- Once you are finished filling out the assessment tool, select Save. Once you select Save, the student will be able to see the assessments you have completed so far.
- In addition to the student work, you will be required, at minimum, to complete the following assessments:
- Week 2 early evaluation form
- Final week of the placement summative assessment form
- Sign-off sheets (week 1) and attendance sheet (final week)
- Complete this process during the semester until you have finished all assessments. When you have completed the last assessment tool, select Submit. Tk20 will not let you Submit the assessment until you have completed all assessments, so be sure that you have clicked on a score (or N/A) on all rubric questions, made any relevant comments in the comment box, and indicated a grade. If you think the student did at least passable work, enter a P. If not, try NA. This will not necessarily be the final course grade for the student – that is assigned by the Field Supervisor – but the system requires all fields to be completed before you can eventually submit. After you select Submit, the evaluations will lock, so please ensure that they are complete!
II. Help Resources
- Online tutorials are available at www.hofstra.edu/Tk20.
For course-based assessment issues:
Dr. Karin Spencer, Senior Associate Dean
For student teaching issues:
John R. Lewis, Associate Dean for Field Placement and External Relations
For general questions about all areas:
John Adomavicius, Assessment Systems Coordinator