Why study Social Studies Education at Hofstra University?
- Students connect with a large network of cooperating teachers and Hofstra alumni.
- Hofstra faculty work closely with the Long Island Council for the Social Studies and state and national professional organizations.
- Faculty includes authors of award-winning curriculum guides on The Great Irish Famine and New York and Slavery.
- Hofstra University is home to the Social Science Docket, a joint publication of New York State Council for the Social Studies and New Jersey Council for the Social Studies
- Students are afforded with extensive resources through the Office of Field Placement and the Office of Educational Support Services, collaboratively serving students throughout the teacher certification process.
- Classes are offered throughout January, Spring, Summer, and Fall sessions to support students with flexible course loads. This makes it possible to complete major and degree coursework in one calendar year. Evening courses allow students to complete field placements and student teaching requirements during the day.
300 High School Students Examine Racial Divisions, Nationally and Locally
Has the United States healed its racial divide? Can we create a society where all men and women are fundamentally equal? These were questions more than 300 students from eight Long Island high schools were asked to consider when they attended Hofstra University's Emancipation Day program on Thursday, April 18... | more |Apply Now