Secondary Ed Social Studies FAQ
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- M.A. students can complete the program in one academic year. M.S.Ed. students can graduate in as little as one calendar year.
- How do students network to find employment post graduation?
- Social Studies Education students at Hofstra are well connected with Hofstra alumni through the use of a well-established email listserv and membership in local professional social studies organizations. It is common for student teachers to find full-time opportunities in the districts they are placed for student teaching.
- Is there a deadline for admission?
- Admission for the M.A. and M.S.Ed. programs is rolling, through applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Are there scholarships available?
- Students are evaluated for merit-based scholarships through their graduate application. Each department has limited funds to distribute, so prospective students are encouraged to apply early. Students may also wish to apply for the Hagedorn Fellowship or consult the Office of Student Financial Services for additional resources.
For more information on the application process, please visit the Graduate Admissions FAQ page.