The Cisco Networking Academy at Hofstra University
The world of computer networking is a highly competitive arena that continues to grow in complexity as technology evolves. With this growth, the demand for highly trained networking experts increases.
The Information Systems and Business Analytics Department in Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University was approved as Local CISCO Networking Academy by CISCO Systems, Inc. in 2012. The department has offered computer networking courses as well as summer camps.
The Cisco Network Academy Program at Hofstra University is especially designed to prepare students for career opportunities and globally-recognized certifications, such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), CCNA Security, and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP). The curriculum is delivered online and supported by classroom instruction and labs.
What Will I Learn?
The combination of lectures and practical hands-on lab exercises ensures an understanding of the skills needed in the Internet economy. These innovative courses have many benefits:
- Web-based content
- Online assessment
- Student performance tracking
- Hands-on labs
- Instructor training and support
- Preparation for industry standard certifications.
1. Current Courses in IT/QM Department, Zarb School of Business
- IT120 : Connectivity in Business Environment (CCENT)
- IT122 : Advanced Computer Networking (CCNA)
- IT123 : Wireless Networking (CCNA Wireless)
- IT124 : Computer and Network Security (CCNA Security)
2. Cisco Academy Program Summer Camp
- CCNA Security
* Instructor: Hak J. Kim, Ph.D. (Associate Professor/Director of Computer Lab)
3. Information Systems and Business Analytics Computer and Network Lab
1) Lab Equipment
2) Network Simulators
- Cisco Packet Tracer
- Boson Simulator
- Pearson Network Simulator
- OPNET Simulator
If you have any questions regarding this workshop or the application process, please contact:
Dr. Hak J. Kim via email or 516-463-4529
Associate Professor and Director of Computer Lab
Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics
Zarb School of Business