- Specific courses may require special software – usually these would be available as part of the course materials. Check with Instructor and/or Program Director on the specifics.
- While either Windows or MAC computers are acceptable, it is preferred that students use Windows PCs as some software do not work on MACs or may require workarounds for MACs.
- Desktop or laptop computer running Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.6 or newer.
- Internal or external speakers for audio
- Webcam and Microphone (either built in or external)
- Internet Access (Broadband required)
FREE Downloads (Download the appropriate Windows Or MAC version)
- Internet Browsers
Mozilla Firefox internet browser is recommended for both Windows and Mac http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox
- Adobe Products
- Multimedia Software
Sun Java version 8 or newer
VLC Media Player
Apple QuickTime (built into MAC, Free Download for Windows)
- Available through Hofstra Portal (Free Student Access)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer for Windows, Office 2008 or newer for Mac, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Antivirus software for Windows
- SAP software