Transfer to Hofstra
A Move in the Right Direction
Students choose to transfer to Hofstra University for many reasons:
- Our wide array of outstanding academic programs.
- Our excellent faculty, whose top priority is teaching.
- The success of our graduates gaining employment and/or acceptance into prestigious graduate and professional schools.
- Our location on Long Island near the cultural, corporate and social center of New York City.
- Our incredible campus life full of dynamic events, activities, and student clubs and organizations.
- Our Transfer Center which facilitates a smooth transition to Hofstra.
Most important, Hofstra is transfer-friendly. Each year Hofstra enrolls almost 1,000 new transfers from across the country and around the world. We provide the special attention and individualized support services our transfer students deserve.
Interested in transferring to Hofstra University this fall?
Then be sure to attend one of our upcoming events created especially for transfer students. Transfer Days take place at our Office of Admission, Bernon Hall, South Campus.
At a Transfer Day you will be able to:
- Receive an admission decision on the spot once you submit a transfer application (the application fee is waived).
- Receive a preliminary transfer credit evaluation and then meet with one of our academic advising deans to discuss your intended major and the applicability of your transfer credits.
- Register for classes and take advantage of the opportunity to choose the schedule you want and need.
- Talk to financial aid counselors and explore possible scholarship opportunities.
Applying to Hofstra as a Transfer
Candidates for fall and spring admission may complete our paper application, the Common Application, or may apply with our online application. Transfer candidates are considered on a rolling basis, but we encourage early application for students interested in on-campus housing and scholarships.
To apply, submit the following:
- A completed application.
- Non-refundable $70 online application fee.
- A transcript from each college attended (may be unofficial).
- High school transcript and SAT/ACT scores if you have less than 24 college credits (SAT/ACT scores are optional).
Our upcoming Transfer Event is:
Qualified applicants may be eligible to receive a transfer scholarship up to $18,000 per year. In addition, if you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) and have 60 accepted transfer credits with a 3.5 GPA, you may be eligible for an additional $2,500 per year (PTK is only offered to fall applicants).
Transfer applicants are encouraged to visit the campus and schedule an interview with one of the transfer counselors. Individual interviews are available Monday through Friday. Please call Undergraduate Admissions: (516) 463- 6700.
Transfer Center appointments are available on a daily basis. Please call our Office of Admission at 516-463-6700 for the full schedule and to reserve your appointment. We also welcome you to take part in an information session and campus tour before or after your appointment.
- CREDIT EVALUATION
Credit evaluation is completed after admission and prior to registration. See how your classes will transfer to Hofstra. If you don’t see a particular course listed, it may still be transferable. Please e-mail us or call 516-463-6700 for further details.
Transfer Credit Policy
Appropriate courses completed with a minimum grade of C- or the equivalent at fully accredited institutions are transferable. | more |