Entrepreneurial Assistance Program
BE YOUR OWN BOSS
START AND EXPAND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Join us and explore the opportunity of starting and expanding your own business. Workshops will provide you with the "nuts and bolts" skills required to operate and grow a successful business. You will also receive training and counseling that will enable you to complete a business plan.
An Entrepreneurship Certificate may be earned by completing the following three components:
1. Workshops (60 hours of training)
- Start and Expand Your Business (3 hours)
- Goals/Objectives (3 hours)
- Forms of Business Ownership/Taxes (3 hours)
- Developing a Marketing Plan and Market Research (24 hours)
- Managing Personnel and Operations (3 hours)
- Advertising/Presentations (3 hours)
- Social Media (3 hours)
- Sales/Networking (3 hours)
- Recordkeeping ( 6 hours)
- Banking/Loans/Insurance (3 hours)
- Financial Statements (6 hours)
2. Mentoring (Business Participation) - Capital One bankers provide counseling with financial statements, credit scores, credit repair, criteria for loans and financing opportunities. One-to-one counseling with business owners sharing their expertise and experiences as entrepreneurs.
3. Submission of a Business Plan
Since February 1991, more than 1,330 entrepreneurs have enrolled in the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program. Their businesses were in the planning stage or already in existence and ready for expansion. This program is offered annually in the spring and fall on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6 to 9 p.m. A $495 fee includes NxLevel training materials and a $250 deposit is required to register for the program. For a current schedule of dates, please visit hofstra.edu/EAP.
Scholarships - scholarships are available and may be awarded at the conclusion of the program to select participants; qualifications for scholarship consideration include participants who exemplify a strong committment and dedication to their business venture, attend all workshops and submit a professional business plan. Scholarship awardees will be selected by the Scholarship Committee.
FOR INFORMATION CALL
April Jones, PROGRAMS ADMINISTRATOR
(516) 463-5850 or email@example.com