How to Reserve Space
Our planners are ready to assist you with your event needs. Below you will find some helpful tips about planning a conference or summer housing program with Hofstra University.
- Planning: We request that your planning process begin at least 60 days in advance of your event.
- Online Request: If you have most of your event details and preferred dates, please use our online request form to receive a quote from our office. Please note that a quote does not mean we are holding space for your event.
- Food & Beverage: The University does not permit outside food and beverage. You are able to place any food orders through our on-site caterers, Campus Dining by Compass Group. Feel free to contact our caterers directly at 516-463-5395.
- Insurance: The contracting organization is required to furnish an insurance certificate for their event date and location with Hofstra University listed as the additional insured. Please contact our office for details on our insurance requirements or referrals.
- Payment: Full payment along with a signed contract and insurance certificate are required before your event can be reviewed for final approval.
- Advertising: All conference arrangements are subject to a duly signed agreement and final approval from Hofstra University. Events and conferences are not confirmed until both requirements have been attained. Please do not advertise your event until you have received official written final approval.
- Promotion: If your event is open to the public, ask how we can assist in promoting the event via our online event calendar or on our social media pages.
Overnight Summer Housing
- Planning: We request that your planning process begin at least nine months in advance of your preferred check-in date. Please use our online request form.
- Quote: To receive a quote please provide the following details:
- Estimated number of attendees
- Arrival and departure dates
- Program purpose
- Estimated budget
- Accommodations: Refer to our Residence Halls to see our available guest accommodations.
- Food & Beverage: The University does not permit outside food and beverage. We offer a dining options in our student cafeterias and catering services during summer months. Inquire further about our various dining options available, which include declining balance (point system), meal plans, and catering.
- Groups with minors (participants under 18 years of age): In New York state, when a children's program qualifies as a camp, it must have a state, city, or county health department permit to operate legally and must operate in compliance with Subpart 7-2 of the State Sanitary Code requirements. A permit is issued only when the camp is in compliance with the state's health regulations. Not all summer programs for children qualify as children's camps.
- Insurance Requirements: The University requires coverage for your overnight program. Please inquire about coverage requirements and referrals if needed.
- Payment Procedures: 90 days prior to the event a $1,000 deposit is required. 50% is due 60 days prior and the full balance is due 30 days prior to the first check-in.
- All conference arrangements are subject to a duly signed agreement and final approval from Hofstra University. Events and conferences are not confirmed until both requirements have been attained. Please do not advertise your event until you have received official written final approval.
- External Organization Requests for Meeting Space, Audio Visual and Furnishings
- Conference Housing Requests (June 1 to August 15)
- Atrium Table Requests are now being handled by the Office of Student Leadership and Activities. Please follow the link below to be redirected: hofstra.edu/studentaffairs/studentactivities/stdact_externalvendor.html.