The field of sports science is one that strives to address health-related concerns through physical activity and the promotion of a greater understanding of the role physical activity plays in improving overall quality of life. Professionals trained in health and fitness promotion play an important role in disseminating healthful practices throughout today’s society.
Students with a degree in Sports Science are able to seek employment in a variety of settings including:
- Health and fitness centers
- Community, private, or university-based recreation centers
- Personal training
- Group exercise leadership
- Corporate fitness centers
- Military science and rehabilitation settings
- Cardiac rehabilitation, hospital and medical/wellness centers
- Elite training facilities
- Professional, collegiate, and high school sports strength and conditioning programs
- Sport and fitness marketing/management
Exciting Career Growth and Opportunities
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job prospects for athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, strength and conditioning coaches, and fitness trainers and instructors are favorable. The BLS estimates a more than 10% increase in employment for many of these fields from 2016-2026 – faster than the national average.
Click here for more information on job outlooks for: