Resident Success at Hofstra is everybody's business. Hofstra students, faculty, and staff are partners with the University in creating an atmosphere that is engaging and conducive to learning. The Resident Success program is an integral part of campus. Resident Success is a unique effort that strives to provide students with the support and engagement they deserve on a college campus. The program effectively tracks the flow of residents and guests who enter the residence halls, and ultimately creates an atmosphere of community and engagement.
Working for Resident Success
Many students choose to work as Resident Success Representatives (RSRs) because of its many benefits. Some of those benefits are:
- Contribute to the engagement of your campus. As an RSR, you play an important role in welcoming and creating a sense of home for all residential students. RSRs take pride in their jobs, knowing that they help make the campus a more welcoming place.
- Choose your own hours. Students are able to create work schedules that accommodate their busy lives.
- Work close to home. Working on campus makes employment accessible to students who do not have their own transportation, maintain hectic schedules, etc. Some students even choose to work in their own residence hall.
- Meet new people. The Resident Success program is made up of about 200 students. RSRs have extensive contact with residents, their guests, and other RSRs. This exposure can lead to new friendships.
- Gain great work experience. Working for Resident Success prepares you for future employment when you graduate from Hofstra University. You gain valuable experience dealing with people, problem-solving, and customer care.
- Opportunity for advancement. RSRs can apply for the Resident Success Shift Coordinator positions when they feel they are ready to take on additional responsibilities. Resident Success Shift Coordinators can advance to the Student Coordinator position, the highest position available to students in the Resident Succes program.
To apply, stop by our office located in Room 140B Mack Student Center or email us.
|0000-0800||$13.00 per hour|
|0800-2400||$12.00 per hour|
Find Out More
Frequently Asked Questions
Get all the answers about Resident Success that you need.
HOFSTRA STUDENTS (current students with a valid HofstraCard)
- All residents must swipe themselves into their own residence hall.
- Hofstra University students visiting the residence halls must be escorted by their resident host. The visiting student will leave their HUID with the RSR and be signed in. The RSR will verify the resident host’s name using the roster and swipe the visiting student’s Hofstra ID through the front door card reader to ensure the ID is active. If the ID is inactive, the student visitor will need to be signed in as a guest (see below).
GUESTS (anyone without a valid Hofstra HofstraCard)
- Guests without a valid Hofstra University ID visiting the residence halls must be escorted by their resident host. The guest will leave their photo ID with the RSR and be signed in. The RSR will verify the resident host’s name using the roster and scan the visitor’s ID.
Residential students may have up to two guests signed into their residence at a time. All guests must be accompanied by their host at all times.
Failure to comply with the ID Policy will result in the issuance of a warning, fine, notification to appear, or campus ban.
For more information, please contact the Resident Success Office at 516-463-6612.
Room 140B Mack Student Center