If you have been told you need a clinical clearance for your program, please follow the steps below in the order presented.
- Obtain clinical clearance requirements from your program.
Your academic program will provide you with a list of requirements, but these typically include:
- Proof of a physical exam in the last 12 months
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening within the last 12 months. Both PPD OR QuantiFERON Gold blood tests are acceptable.
- COVID-19 initial vaccination series
- Proof of immunity to OR vaccination against the following diseases:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
- Tdap in the last 10 years
- Influenza vaccination
- Upload your medical records for each of the above items to Medicat following the guide at https://issuu.com/hofstra/docs/medicat-immunization/2.
- If you do not have documentation for a requirement or need further assistance, please schedule an appointment either with Student Health Services or your Primary Care Provider.
- Make sure to input all of the dates of your immunizations.
- After you have submitted all required documents, fill out the form located at https://www.hofstra.edu/sites/default/files/2023-02/shs-clinical-clearance-process-form.pdf and upload it to Medicat as a “Clinical Clearance Submission” document.
- If there is an issue with your documentation, a member of our team will contact you.
- Please allow 5 business days for documentation to be reviewed.
- Student Health Services is unable to expedite clearances – please make sure that you submit all records with ample time to review. We would suggest at least a full week prior to your program’s deadline.
- Once cleared, your program will be notified by Student Health Services. If you have questions about your clearance status, and have not heard from Student Health Services, it is most likely because you are cleared. Please follow up with your program.