Student Health Services
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Access for Limited English Proficiency
- Student Health Services is happy to assist any student regardless of English proficiency. Interpreter services during your visit are available to any student who wishes, free of charge.
- Several documents provided by the office are available in different languages. Even if you are comfortable conversing in English, you may wish for health information to be presented in a different language.
- All documents submitted as part of a student's healthcare record must be in English or translated by an approved translator/translation company.
- Student Health Services is accessible by ramp and our exam rooms are large enough to accommodate assistive devices. Exam Room tables are fully adjustable for the comfort of all, and can accommodate transferring from a wheelchair.
- The Hofstra Shuttle stops at HofstraUSA, directly across from our office. The path from the shuttle stop to our office is level, paved and has multiple ramp access points.
- Student Health Services is able to provide video interpreter services for American Sign Language (ASL) during your visit, free of charge.
- Should you have specific access concerns or wish to discuss arrangements in advance of your appointment please contact us.