About the Center
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned advising dean a minimum of once per semester prior to registration, but may schedule as often as needed to ensure progress toward their degree, troubleshoot, explore options, etc.
- Schedule appointments in advance and contact your advisor if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Read the Hofstra University Undergraduate Bulletin (http://bulletin.hofstra.edu) for the academic year that you entered the University. It provides information about your degree and major requirements, as well as course pre- and co-requisites.
- Ask specific questions about general requirements, academic policies and procedures, academic standards, and resources (tutoring, career/major exploration, study skills workshops, etc.).
- Prepare a tentative schedule of classes for your registration advising appointment.
- Provide honest and accurate information to your advisor about your academic life.
- Listen to your advisor and consider his or her advice and recommendations.
- Check your Hofstra email often and thoroughly read any emails sent by your advisor. Respond in a timely fashion.
- Keep appointments and contact advisee if it is necessary to reschedule.
- Be prepared with appropriate resource materials.
- Provide accurate and specific information regarding Distribution requirements, academic policies and procedures, academic standards, and resources.
- Listen to and assist advisee in making decisions and solving problems.
- Suggest options concerning careers, majors, and selection of courses.
101 Memorial Hall
(VOICE) (516) 463-6770, (516) 463-7222
(FAX) (516) 463-6674
During the Fall/Spring semesters:
9 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday and Thursday
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
When classes are not in session:
9 a.m.-5 p.m. M-F