Student Government Association Cabinet
Cabinet is the executive body of SGA. They direct the activities of their committee to best benefit the Student Body. The Cabinet is composed of the chairs committees, along with the president, vice president, secretary and comptroller.
- Comptroller: Max Kutsch
- Max Kutsch is a Senior at Hofstra studying Business Economics with a minor in Journalism. He is the current Comptroller for SGA, having been elected after serving the last year in this position as well. He hopes to continue working with administration to make the paperwork system more efficient. In the past, Max has also played on the Hofstra Table Tennis team and served as SGA's Public Relations Chair. He has been working on various initiatives for SGA for three years and hopes to continue advocating to make student life better at Hofstra.
- Appropriations Chair: Timothy Grief
- Timothy Grief is a senior at Hofstra University in the Frank G. Zarb School of Business and he is studying Finance and Economics. He is the Appropriations Chair for SGA. As Appropriations Chair he strives to enforce policies as accurately as possible to ensure that organizations are being represented and funded efficiently. He also plans on implementing effective treasurer trainings, which will level the playing field for new and returning treasurers. These plans derive from his desire to forge positive relationships between the Student Government and other organizations.
- Club Relations Chair: Brandon Crofts
- Brandon Crofts is a sophomore studying mathematics. He is currently the Club Relations Chair of SGA. In addition, he is a Resident Assistant, Pride Guide, Orientation Leader, and a member of Phi Kappa Theta, a social fraternity on campus. His main goal as chair is to ensure that all clubs feel like they have a voice on campus and that they can communicate with SGA through the Club Relations committee. He also wants to support as many different club events on campus as possible.
- Public Relations Chair: Alex Labrie
- Alex Labrie is a junior at Hofstra and studying public relations with minors in marketing and writing studies. He is the Public Relations Chair for SGA and is also a member of the Hofstra Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America. As public relations chair he aims to make sure that the student body is well informed and well aware of all the work that is done within SGA. He hopes to publicize all the resources SGA has to offer in order to provide students with the tools they need to succeed at Hofstra.
- Rules Chair: Carissa Ramirez
- Carissa Ramirez is a senior double majoring in political science and public policy and public service with a minor in public relations. She is the Rules Chair in SGA and is starting her third year as a member of the Student Affairs Committee on the University Senate. Carissa is passionate about using her voice to advocate for those who are not always present in rooms where important decisions are being made and bettering the campus for all students. As rules chair, she plans to collaborate with club leaders to address low membership and help redefine the standards required to maintain SGA recognition. Additionally, she hopes to make sure club election processes are up-to-date and known by all members. She looks forward to working with more students in her last year in SGA.
- Spirit Chair: Chelsea Tomasso
- Chelsea Tomasso is a senior Accounting and Business Management major. This is her third year involved in SGA, and her second year serving as Spirit Chair. As Spirit Chair, Chelsea's main goal is to increase the school spirit at Hofstra. She hopes to accomplish this by increasing attendance at sporting events and making students more aware of events happening on campus.
- Student Services Chair: Isabelle Schmidt
- Isabelle Schmidt is a freshman majoring in public policy and public service and global studies. She is SGA's Student Services Chair for the 83rd Senate! Isabelle will coordinate programming that adds to student life on campus. She aims to connect with students to see initiatives that will improve campus and campus culture. She hopes to get valuable information and resources out to Hofstra students so that they feel confident in the support they get from their university.
- Secretary: Manmeet Kaur Nijjer
- Manmeet Kaur Nijjer is a junior who is double majoring in criminology and public policy and public service with a minor in philosophy of law. She is the Secretary for SGA, Co-Vice President for the South Asian Students Association, and the President and Founder of the Hofstra Bollywood Giddha Bhangra Dance Team. As secretary, she aims to organize and oversee any internal correspondences while being a link to students and SGA. She hopes to bring her insights as well as her experiences to help SGA wholly represent the Hofstra community.