Student Government Association Cabinet
Cabinet is the executive body of SGA. They direct the activities of their committee to best benefit the Student Body. The Cabinet is composed of the chairs committees, along with the president, vice president, secretary and comptroller.
- Secretary: Allyson Gieger
- Allyson is a junior Mathematics-Actuarial Science major. Before becoming Secretary of SGA she sat on the Student Services Committee as an Associate Senator and assisted with documentation and background research for a Green Initiative at Hofstra. She is looking forward to being able to help facilitate communication between Senate and the clubs this year. Besides Student Government, she is involved on campus in Actuarial Science Club, Hofstra Club Running team, and is Treasurer of Danceworks.
- Appropriations Chair: Sandra Read
- Sandra began her Student Government Association career at the end of Spring 2016, by joining the 81st Senate as a senator. In her time, she has sat on both the Spirit Committee and the Appropriation Committee and her current role is Chairperson of the Appropriations Committee. Her priority for this year is to bridge communication between Club Leaders and the Appropriations Committee. Her committee aims fund responsibly and fairly, while also being compassionate to club leaders to help them thrive. Sandra is a Management major and her minor is Psychology. Other than SGA, Sandra is a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, the President of the Residence Hall Association and a teacher in the Money and Me program.
- Club Relations Chair : Aleksandra Radeva
- Aleksandra was actively involved in student governing organization during her high school years which motivated her decision to join Hofstra's Student Government Association in Fall 2016. She is highly dedicated to being involved on campus and to serving the student body in any capacity. As of May 2017, Aleksandra is the Chairperson of the Club Relations Committee. Her goal is to establish active communication between the Student Government Association and student-led organizations on campus in order to better address their concerns. She is result-oriented which inspires her to create an environment where clubs can grow and succeed. Aleksandra is majoring in Political Science with minors in International Affairs and European Studies. Outside of school, she is a passionate traveler and an addicted shopper. She enjoys exploring new places and meeting interesting people.
- Public Relations Chair: Imani Hinson
- Imani Hinson is a sophomore at Hofstra and studying History and Secondary Education. She is the Public Relations Chair for SGA and is also a fellow for the Center Civic Engagement. As public relations chair she aims to make sure that the student body is well informed and well aware of all the opportunities that Hofstra has to offer. She is an advocate for those who are marginalized and she believes that SGA was made for the students in order to have their voices heard. She is very passionate about making sure that everyone's voices are heard and will work hard to make sure that is achieved here at Hofstra University.
- Rules Chair: Alex Labrie
- Alex Labrie is the Chairman of the Rules Committee. Alex is a Public Relations major with a double minor in Marketing and Writing Studies. He is committed to getting involved in my school and making it a better place. He is particularly interested in strengthening relations between SGA and organizations on campus to ensure the student government is taking advantage of all available resources to create the best student experience possible.
- Spirit Chair: Chelsea Tomasso
- Chelsea is a junior at Hofstra, double majoring in Accounting and Business Management. She joined Student Government in the spring of 2016 as a freshman. She currently serves as the Spirit Chairwoman for the 2017-2018 academic year. As Spirit Chair, Chelsea wants to increase student attendance at Hofstra sporting events and increase student's awareness of events happening on campus. Overall, Chelsea hopes to grow student's Hofstra pride. In addition to being in SGA, Chelsea is a sister of Delta Gamma, in University Senate, in NRHH, and a Pride Guide.
- Student Services Chair: Deandra Denton
- Student Services Chair: Deandra Denton**Deandra joined the Student Government Association in Fall 2016 as a Senator. Since then she has grown into the role of Chairperson of the Student Services Committee of the Student Government Association. Deandra is always eager to work with students and other members of the Hofstra community. She is passionate about advocating for her peers and is committed to working diligently to hear out and follow up on students' concerns. Deandra is studying Sociology and Public Policy and Public Service. Outside of Student Government and being a full-time student, Deandra enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading, and traveling.