Student Club and Organization Advisor
Budget Request Reference Sheet
Please refer to the Appropriations Policy Series for more detailed information.
For the most up to date visit www.hostra.edu/sga
Budget Request Reference Sheet: (Compiled Fall 2014)
1) All of the required information on the request forms must be handwritten neatly or typed.
2) Any item that you wish to request funding for MUST have a corresponding quote. Quotes can be in the form of webpage printouts, receipts, or e-mails (if you are looking to request performers/ speakers/ coaches). The quote must have the price per individual item.
3) Any item over $300 must have a minimum of three quotes from different sources. Exceptions are possible when there is only one source or you require a specific source.
General Appropriations Policies:
Only an executive board member of a club or organization may present a budget proposal to the Appropriations Committee. No general members can be seen.
4) Formals, defined as any end of the semester event held at Hofstra or an off-campus location, cannot be funded for by the Student Government Association. If there is any confusion concerning whether an event is classified as a formal please e-mail the Appropriations Chair or the Comptroller for clarification.
5) Food for any event must be purchased through Campus Dining Services. In cases where they cannot provide catering, there must be approval given from Campus Dining Services.
6) A maximum of four executive board members can be funded to attend conferences. The Appropriations Committee will only fund for a maximum of three conferences per year for each organization.
7) Transportation may only be funded for if it is within 300 miles of New York City.
8) Clothing can only be funded for up to a maximum of $250 per academic year.
9) Decorations, DJs, and Prizes/Give-a-ways for events cannot be funded for by the Student Government Association.
10) Club drapes or banners may only be funded for up to a maximum of $200. Requests will only be seen once every three years for each organization.
11) SGA does not fund for food at club meetings
Deadline for Transactions:
All reimbursements must be turned in during the semester in which the event took place.