Save the date! April 18th, 2015
The Office of Student Leadership and Activities is excited to host our first Serve with PRIDE, Town Wide event. This is an opportunity for Hofstra students, faculty, and staff to work within our partners in the Hempstead Community for a day of service. We are looking for not-for-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, and businesses to host students in a project that helps to renew the face of the organization. These projects should have a lasting impact, make a specific visual or physical change that improves the look of the town, be accessible to the general public, and promote town pride.
Hofstra student volunteers will be transported by Hofstra to the project site to begin the work at 9:00 am. Students will work at the site under supervision of the Site Project Coordinator until 12:00 pm and then will be picked up by Hofstra and brought back to campus for refreshments and a ceremony.
Who can participate?
For-Profit and Not-For-Profit Organizations and Businesses
Each Project must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a lasting impact
- Must make a specific visual or physical change that improves the look of the town
- Must be accessible to the general public (landscaping, exterior building improvements)
Must reflect the message of the town and promote Town Pride
As a participant your responsibilities include:
- You must match volunteers
(For every 5 volunteers you need, you must provide at least one site supervisor)
- You must donate publicity both within your organization/business and to the general public
- You must provide as many resources, supplies and materials as feasible
Please complete the attached application and submit it to the Town Pride Committee no later than April 11, 2014