Class of 2020
It is time to take advantage of what Hofstra has to offer in your Sophomore year!
Bookmark this page and return often to see updated information.
The Savvy Sophomore Checklist
- If you haven’t done so already, you should declare your major this year. Visit your major department to meet with a faculty advisor, or set up an appointment with your Advisement dean if you’re still not sure what to major in. Make an appointment at The Career Center for a career assessment. Keep in mind: You must declare a major prior to earning 60 credits.
- If you haven’t started your language requirement (if applicable), this is the semester to start hablar español/le fait de parler le français/日本語を話, etc.
- Start your summer 2018 internship search this fall. Being first in the queue will work to your advantage.
- Want to study abroad? The fall semester is the time to look at your options for study abroad opportunities.
- If you’re pre-health or pre-law and haven’t met with a pre-professional advisor, call the Center for University Advisement for an appointment.
- Visit The Career Center and meet with a career counselor. Don’t wait until your senior year, as you will miss out on a lot of programs, events and opportunities!
- Join a club or organization, or step up to a leadership position in a club or organization you joined last year.
|January 29||Monday||Classes Begin|
|February 4||Sunday||Last Day to register or add a class online|
|February 5||Monday||Department permission required to add classes. Override form required to register.|
|February 19||Monday||President's Break - NO Classes. University Closed|
|February 20||Tuesday||President's Break - NO Classes.|
|Febraury 23||Friday||Absolute last day to register or add a class|
|February 26||Monday||Last day to drop a course without recieving a "W" grade on transcript.|
|March 7||Wednesday||Last day to file the Pass/D/D+/Fail form.|
|March 18-24||Sundat to Saturday||Spring Recess. Classes not in session.|
|April 13||Friday||Last day to file the Repeat Course form|
|Last day to withdraw from an individual course - for Undergraduate students.|
|May 9||Wednesday||Last day to completely withdraw for all courses - for undergraduate students|
|May 10 & 11||Thursday & Friday||Snow/Study/Reading day for Undergraduate classes only. Graduate classes meet.|
|May 11||Friday||Last day to withdraw from a course - for Graduate students|
|May 14-19||Monday-Saturday||Final exams for all classes|
|May 19||Saturday||Semester Ends|