Class of 2021
It is time to take advantage of what Hofstra has to offer in your Sophomore year!
Bookmark this page and return often to see updated information.
The Savvy Sophomore Checklist
- If you haven’t done so already, you should declare your major this year. Visit your major department to meet with a faculty advisor, or set up an appointment with your Advisement dean if you’re still not sure what to major in. Make an appointment at The Career Center for a career assessment. Keep in mind: You must declare a major prior to earning 60 credits.
- If you haven’t started your language requirement (if applicable), this is the semester to start hablar español/le fait de parler le français/日本語を話, etc.
- Start your summer 2018 internship search this fall. Being first in the queue will work to your advantage.
- Want to study abroad? The fall semester is the time to look at your options for study abroad opportunities.
- If you’re pre-health or pre-law and haven’t met with a pre-professional advisor, call the Center for University Advisement for an appointment.
- Visit The Career Center and meet with a career counselor. Don’t wait until your senior year, as you will miss out on a lot of programs, events and opportunities!
- Join a club or organization, or step up to a leadership position in a club or organization you joined last year.
|3-Sep||Monday||Labor Day Holiday - University Closed|
|10-Sep||Monday||Last day to register or add a class online|
|11-Sep||Tuesday||Department permission required to add classes. Override form required to register|
|Last day to drop a course without receiving a "W" grade on transcript.|
|*Absolute last day to register or add a class|
|8-Oct||Monday||Last day to file the Pass/D/D+/Fail form|
|October 15 & 16||Monday & Tuesday||Classes not in session|
|November 12||Monday||Last day to file the Repeat Course form|
|Last day to withdraw from an individual course - for Undergraduate students|
|Note: For courses shorter than 15 weeks, the student must withdraw within the first 2/3 of the course.|
|November 21-25||Wednesday-Sunday||Thanksgiving Break - Classes not in session|
|10-Dec||Monday||Last day to completely withdraw for all courses - for Undergraduate students|
|11-Dec||Tuesday||Snow/Study/Reading day for Undergraduate classes only. Graduate classes meet.|
|Snow/Study/Reading day for Undergraduate classes only. Graduate classes meet.|
|Last day to withdraw from a course - for Graduate students|
|December 13-19||Thursday-Wednesday||Final exams for all classes|